The City of Hopewell's Public Affairs Office is responsible for a wide variety of information-related services to citizens, City Council, the City Administration, the media, and the public at-large. This office:
- Records information on ACIS, the City's 24-hour information line
- Manages Freedom of Information Act requests
- Maintains contact with the media and issues press releases
- Performs research for the City Manager, City Council, and other City departments
- Maintains Solutions, the City Manager's citizen & councilor comment system
- Writes speeches for employees and elected officials
- Edits information for this web site and uploads updates
- Serves as liaison for the City of Hopewell on the Virginia First Cities Coalition
- Serves as a member of the local Emergency Planning Committee
- Serves on the Central Virginia Film Board as one of its Board of Directors.
For more information, go to http://www.ci.hopewell.va.us/.