FORT LEE, Va. -- Staff from Kenner Army Health Clinic’s Occupational Health Clinic, a part of Preventive Medicine Department, recognized Occupational Health Nurses’ Week April 15-19.
The OHC team brought awareness to federal employees and active duty military with handouts, static displays, an ice cream social and a one-mile health walk to inform the community about their goal to protect the health, safety and well-being of workers.
“Occupational Health Nurses’ Week showcases the incredible work that occupational and environmental health nurses are doing to promote healthy lifestyles and keep workers safe,” said Darcel Spragley, Occupational Health supervisor.
Services are focused toward prevention of occupational illness and/or injury, health maintenance and prevention/monitoring of occupational hazards.
“Workers in come to the OHC for annual physicals, injuries on the job, blood-borne pathogen exposure and other OSHA mandated physicals or other requirements for condition of employment,” said Spragley.
The services offered include:
• Pre-placement physicals
• Periodic Medical Surveillance
• Fitness for duty physicals
• Disability retirement physicals
• Workman Compensation
• Termination Examinations
• Illness/Absence Program (Return to Work)
• Pregnancy Surveillance
• Vision Conservation
• Hearing Protection
• On the job injury/illness, immunizations, employee assistance program
• Ergonomic Evaluations
• Medical Records
• Overseas Deployment Physicals
An employee injured at work should follow these steps:
• Seek medical care immediately in case of an emergency
• Notify supervisor
• Supervisor completes FL Form 1051 online
• Injured employee reports to Occupational Health Clinic, Kenner Army Health Clinic or to a facility of their choice.
• Employee and supervisor complete CA-1 online at www.ecomp.dol.gov.
The Occupational Health clinic is open Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., and can be reached at 804-734-9159. To find downloadable forms, visit Kenner website at www.kenner.nrmc.amedd.army.mil under Healthcare Services/ Occupational Health.