Reporting In: All soldiers except USAOTC, MEDDAC, and DENTAC, reporting to Fort Hood will report directly to the Copeland Soldier Service Center — Fort Hood Soldier Welcome and Care Center, Building 18010.
— IMPORTANT NOTICE — Free hourly childcare for all ranks at the Fort hood CDC while you inprocess. PLUS: E-1 through E-4 get 10 to 20 hours of free hourly childcare per month at CDC and FCC Homes. For details and locations call (254)287-8029 or DSN 737-8029.
How to Find Your Way to the Copeland Soldier Service Center!
When entering Fort Hood through the main gate, stay on Hood Road, the Copeland Soldier Service Center is a big three story brick building located on the corner of Battalion Ave and Fort Hood Rd.
If you arrive in the area via Killeen Airport, ground transportation is available to Fort Hood. If you need help at the airport contact the Liaison NCO located in the baggage claim area.
Should you encounter any difficulties or have any questions upon your arrival, contact the Soldier Welcome & Care Center, Building 18010, 287-7486. This office is open 24 hours, seven days per week.
The year-round duty uniform for most soldiers at Fort Hood is the Battle Dress Uniform (BDU). When reporting during duty hours, you may do so in either BDU, Class A or Class B uniform. After duty hours, you may report in civilian clothing.
Upon your arrival to Building 18010 you will furnish the information desk with 5 copies of your orders, personnel (201) file, medical, dental, and education records. CW5, LTC and COL with pinpoint assignments will still report to Bldg 18010. Those CW5, LTC, COL with out pinpoint assignments will still report to Bldg 18010. Immediately after you report in you will need to come to the Office Personnel Management Division (OPMD) located in III CORPS HQ (Bldg. 1001) Rm 126. Master Sergeants (P) and Sergeants Major are directed to Building III CORPS HQ (Bldg. 1001) Rm 126 for further assignment processing. All other Officers, NCO’s and enlisted soldiers will be processed through the 21st Replacement Co. After you sign in you will be directed or transported to the Replacement Detachment or transient quarters for sleeping accommodations and directions for the next day.
- Personnel (Building 18010) requires copies of your orders, new addresses, etc., for updating records, insurance, emergency data card and change of address card. ID card will be checked and a new one will be issued if necessary.
- Medical / Dental (Building 18010) screens records for special considerations and immunizations needed. Then, you will be given a dental examination and an appointment for hearing screening.
- Finance (Building 18010) will require more copies of orders, leave form, receipts, etc. All calculations will be made at that time for any money to be collected or that is due from you. If you are due money, you will be directed to a cashier for payment.
- Bank representatives are available in Building 18010 for any soldier who wishes to open an account. A list of area financial institutions will also be available.
- ACS ( Building 1) or Army Community Services provides welcome packets, information on counseling, the ACS Loan Closet, and Citizenship requirements for family members. Hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Housing (Building 18010) provides a complete list of available off-post housing. Those eligible may be placed on a list for government quarters at this time.
- Transportation (Building 18010) Once you get settled in your unit or have obtained housing, you must notify this office. Household goods/ hold baggage will be delivered by appointment and you will need a copy of your inventory sheet completed by the carrier at your last location.
- Family dental care is not provided by the Army at Fort Hood. Family member dental emergencies may be seen at the dental clinic servicing the sponsor, where temporary relief of pain will be provided. Soldiers are encouraged to enroll their family members in the TRICARE DENTAL PROGRAM.
- Medical care -The service member's unit will provide the name and location of the member's medical clinic.
*** During inprocessing soldiers private through Major will follow schedules of mandatory events. Actual inprocessing lasts approximately five working days.