Acknowledging the service of veterans and the many contributions of military families, commissaries are serving up a smorgasbord of sales promotions this month. The many discounts will help patrons save stacks of cash as they purchase products for their Thanksgiving meals.
“There’s a lot going on in November with Veterans Day, Military Family Month and the Marine Corps birthday,” observed Marine Sgt. Maj. Michael R. Saucedo, senior enlisted advisor to the DeCA director. “For Thanksgiving, I want to remind our customers they can use their benefit to save hard-earned money on all the fixings that go with any celebratory meal.”
Throughout the month, commissary customers will see special savings on frozen turkeys and other typical Thanksgiving items including rolls, pie fillings, pies, cooking oil, snack and cooking nuts, mixers, appetizers, vegetables (frozen and shelf stable) and stuffing.
Patrons are reminded to check the ends of aisles in their store for themed items with extra low pricing. Customers can check their store page on commissaries.com to verify what’s available. Most stores are featuring the following sales:
- Exclusive savings on select frozen turkeys. Commissaries worldwide will offer limited weekly quantities of frozen turkeys at 39¢ per pound. The promotion runs through Dec. 31, while supplies last.
- Thanksgiving Soda Sale. Four 12-packs of canned soft drinks are on sale for $10. Promotion runs today thru Nov. 26.
- General Mills “Celebrate The Holidays” Event. Commissary customers will see holiday displays, high-value coupons and premium in-store giveaways of General Mills brands. Promotions run through Dec. 31.
- Kellogg’s Holiday Savings. In this partnership with the Military Star Program, 50 families will receive $500 each to help pay down their Military Star Card balance. This program will feature promotional savings on top-selling brands. Customers will see in-store demos and coupon flyers valued at about $3 off the purchase of three participating Kellogg items. Promotion runs from Nov. 23 thru Dec. 6.
- 3rd Annual Operation Gratitude by Colgate. This non-profit endeavor assembles and ships care packages to service members deployed overseas and veterans. Colgate will provide shelf coupons exclusive to the military community that read, “Buy 2, Save $0.50, Colgate Gives 1.” For every coupon that scans through the register thru Dec. 15, Colgate will donate one matching product to Operation Gratitude. Colgate employees and their families will also include handwritten letters that are sent to service men and women along with the donated product. The promotion ends Nov. 22.
- Featured ‘dietitian-approved’ recipes. Customers will save up to 20 percent on select ingredients for “10 Minute Pantry Staple Chicken Salad” and “Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Wild Rice Casserole” (find recipes at commissaries.com/recipes).
- Commissary beef and pork savings. The commissary has added to the beef and pork savings package. Check with your meat department to learn more about these sizzling offers.
“This has been a challenging year for us all, but we at the Defense Commissary Agency are thankful for the opportunity to support our nation’s military,” Saucedo said. “We are proud to provide their commissary benefit.”