In front of a huge, red rigger hat, Aerial Delivery and Field Services Department recognized 12 civilians for their service in a ceremony in the agency’s lobby Nov. 1. Employees of ADFSD were awarded the Army Civilian Service Recognition pin, while four civilian employees of two other agencies earned certificates of achievement.
“Today we are also honoring three information technology employees and a lady from the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center for their outstanding service and support to our agency,” said Jason Hanifin, director of ADFSD. To help with that endeavor he invited John E. Hall, deputy to the CASCOM and Fort Lee commanding general, to speak during the ceremony.
“Thank you, Jason for recognizing not just your own people, but also those who support you in your critical mission,” Hall said. “All of you deserve this recognition for what you do on behalf of the U.S. Army. It could not execute its mission without Army civilians. ADFSD could not execute its mission without you.
“I am honored and proud to serve with all of you and the 300,000 civilians who support the 1.1 million Soldiers in our Army. Congratulations and again thank you for all you do.”
Linda Ray, CPAC human resources specialist, was the first honored with a certificate of achievement for her outstanding administrative support of Aerial Delivery. She was followed by Lakeysha Anderson, G6 IT specialist, and Patrick Piper, client support administrator for G6, who earned certificates of achievement for exceptional work in performing integrated technologies support for the agency. Christopher Borland, information assurance manager, also earned a certificate of achievement but was unable to attend the ceremony.
The following ADFSD civilians earned the Army Civilian Service Recognition Pin that acknowledges the dedicated service of the Army civilian workforce and its significance in furthering the Army’s mission:
- Alan L. Wagner, technical writer, 16 years, silver
- Kraig W. Weaver, supervisor training instructor, 14 years, silver
- William Marshall, supervisor aerial delivery specialist, 14 years, silver
- Kevin M. Grobarcik, supervisor training instructor, 10 years, silver
- Quitman D. Jackson, supervisor training specialist, 10 years, silver
- Frank Badalucco, technical writer, 4 years, bronze
- Wilhelm P. Neshelaar, technical writer, 2 years, bronze
- Jason J. Hanifin, supervisor training specialist, 2 years, bronze