Installation leaders and other military members are scheduled to participate in a number of local Veterans Day ceremonies. Some of those upcoming events are as follows:
- A Fort Lee Color Guard will take part in a Veterans Day Ceremony, 10 a.m., at McGuire VA Hospital, Richmond. For details call 804-675-6867.
- Two Fort Lee military vehicles and several Soldiers will participate in a Brunswick County Veterans Day Commemoration Ceremony honoring the memory of World War I and II military members, 10 a.m., at the county conference center, Lawrenceville. For details call 434-848-3107.
- Chief Warrant Officer 4 James A. Parham, Ordnance School, will speak and a Fort Lee Color Guard and 20 Soldiers will take part in a Veterans Day ceremony sponsored by American Legion Post 2, 9 a.m. at the Doughboy Memorial Statue, Petersburg. For details call 804-586-2603.
- Musicians from the TRADOC Band will perform during the Commonwealth of Virginia Veterans Day Ceremony featuring keynote speaker Gov. Ralph Northam, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., at Virginia War Memorial, Richmond. For more information call 804-482-8497.
- Maj. Gen. Rodney D. Fogg, CASCOM and Fort Lee commanding general, will speak during a City of Colonial Heights Veterans Day Ceremony sponsored by Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2239, 1:30 p.m., at the Chesterfield County Historic Courthouse. For details call 804-530-1956.
- Col. Hollie J. Martin, garrison commander, will speak at the Chesterfield County Veterans Day program, 2 p.m., at the 1917 Historic Courthouse Green. For additional information call 804-796-7081.
- Master Sgt. Juan Mendoza Jr., and Sgt. 1st Class Juana Torres with the Fort Lee Sergeant Audie Murphy Club will participate in an Honor Salute Ceremony for WWII Veterans, noon, at the Hollywood Cemetery, Richmond. This event is sponsored by the John Marshall High School Cadet Alumni, and will recognize a 100-year-old military veteran during the ceremony. For more details call 804-704-7255.
- Army Logistics University Support Battalion Chaplain (Capt.) Kimberly Ingram will speak during a special Military Appreciation Sunday Service, 11 a.m., at Zion Baptist Church, Petersburg. For details, call 804-733-7651.