FORT LEE, Va. (March 5, 2015) -- Team Lee, the garrison command team will conduct a virtual town hall meeting Wednesday afternoon (March 11, 2-3 p.m.). I need your help spreading the word to get as much participation as possible. The session will be broadcast via Command Channel 14 and streaming video on the Internet. Viewer questions and comments will be accepted throughout the program.
This is a first-time event for Fort Lee. We’re trying something new in hopes of reaching a wider audience than we would with a traditional town hall gathering at the Lee Theater. While those sessions allow face-to-face contact with the community, they require in-person attendance that is sometimes difficult for the command’s busy workforce or outlying retirees, family members – to include those of our civilian workforce – and reservists who frequent the installation and benefit from its customer support services.
The “virtual” format means Team Lee members can participate from their office locations or their living rooms at home. Individuals can even tune in with a mobile phone with internet connectivity. It’s just a smart idea with the on-demand society we live in.
As for the meeting agenda, we’re keeping it very simple. After brief introductory remarks, the in-studio participants will address questions and comments from the community. Joining me are Melissa Magowan, my deputy; Command Sgt. Maj. Clarence Richardson, garrison CSM; and representatives from the Directorate of Public Works; Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation; the Directorate of Emergency Services; Child Youth and School Services; and the Health Promotion Office, among others.
It’s important to re-emphasize, this is not intended to be a briefing. If you’re a member of the Fort Lee community, we want to know what’s on your mind. This is your chance to voice questions and concerns directly to garrison leaders and directors. If we can’t address an issue on the spot, we will research it and provide a response through email or a post on the installation’s Facebook page where everyone in the community can benefit from the information.
Please share this information with your spouses and Fort Lee-affiliated friends and coworkers. Explain the why as well as the when and how.
Discuss current issues like the Army-mandated installation access procedures that will be introduced this spring to determine if there are any questions that need to be asked or recommendations this command needs to consider as we move forward with the initiative.
Give us your comments on current customer-support programs and/or ideas for new services. Take advantage of this opportunity to voice your questions and concerns in a forum where the subject matter experts are assembled and eager to provide responses.
At A Glance
• The virtual town hall session is set for March 11, 2-3 p.m.
• Community members can view the program on Command Channel 14 (available to Comcast cable subscribers on post and in the neighboring areas of Prince George, Colonial Heights and Petersburg) or via an Internet connection. The online broadcast can be viewed at www.lee.army.mil/townhall.
• Questions or comments can be submitted through the Fort Lee Facebook page or the Garrison Public Affairs office email (ArmyFortLee.firstname.lastname@example.org) any time before, during or immediately after the event.
• The garrison staff will use Facebook and email to provide follow-up responses to any issue that requires further research or doesn’t get addressed during the program.
• Anyone with questions about the broadcast or the process to submit questions can call PAO at (804) 734-7451