Installation leaders, musicians from the 392nd Army Band and other Fort Lee military personnel are scheduled to participate in a number of local Veterans Day ceremonies today through Nov. 19. Community members are encouraged at attend and show their support. Some of the events are as follows:
• Chief Warrant Officer 4 Destria Gladney, Office of the Chief of Army Reserve, CASCOM, will speak during a Veterans Day commemoration, 1:30 p.m., at the Riverside Regional Jail, Prince George County. For details, call 804-524-6600.
• A 392nd Army Band ensemble will perform and a Fort Lee flag detail will take part in a Veterans Day ceremony, 2-4 p.m., at the Federal Bureau of Prisons, Hopewell. For details, call 804-734-4323.
• Maj. Gen. Rodney D. Fogg, CASCOM and Fort Lee commanding general, will speak and a 392nd Army Band ensemble and a vocalist will perform during a Veterans Day ceremony, 10 a.m. - noon, at McGuire VA Hospital, Richmond. For details, call 804-675-6867.
• A band ensemble will perform during the Brunswick County Veterans Day ceremony honoring living Korean War veterans from the community. The event will take place from 10 a.m. - noon at the county conference center, Lawrenceville. For details, call 438-848-3107.
• Dr. Eric Wagner, College of Professional and Continuing Education, ALU, will speak during a Veterans Day program honoring residents who served, 3-4 p.m., at the Pearl at Watkins Centre, Midlothian. For details, call 804-201-4012.
• Musicians from the 392nd Army Band will perform during the Commonwealth of Virginia Veterans Day Ceremony featuring keynote speaker Governor Ralph Northam, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., at Dogwood Dell Amphitheater, Richmond. For details, call 804-482-8497.
• Lt. Col. Elizabeth Pura, Army Logistics University Support Battalion commander, will speak at a Veterans Day ceremony sponsored by American Legion Post 2, 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Doughboy Memorial Statue, Petersburg. For details, call 804-732-1425.
• A Fort Lee firing detail will participate in a Veterans Day program sponsored by American Legion Post 284, 10:30 a.m., at Veterans Memorial Park, Colonial Heights. For details, call 804-526-4167.
• Col. Jered Helwig, Chief of Transportation, will be a guest speaker at the Prince George County Veterans Day observance, 2 p.m., in the Heritage Center. For details, call 804-540-4700.
• Col. James Godfrey, ALU commandant, will serve as grand marshal, and Fort Lee Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, Airman and the 392nd Army band will march in a Veterans Day parade sponsored by the City of Hopewell and American Legion Post 146, 3-5 p.m., beginning at Cavalier Shopping Center and ending at Ashford Civic Plaza Center. For details, call 804-541-3735.
• A Fort Lee color guard will participate in a Charles City County Veterans Day Program, 10-11:30 a.m., at the county government facility. For details, call 804-652-4701.
• Col. Hollie Martin, garrison commander, will speak and a 392nd band vocalist will perform at the Varina Women’s Club Women in the Military program, 7-8:30 a.m., at Laurel Hill United Methodist Church, Henrico County. For details, call 804-734-4323.